Saturday, June 13, 2009

How To Collect Thai Amulets- A General Introduction



How to collect thai amulets. It all started 25 years ago. One of my grand dad's friend found an interesting small piece of palm covering metallic Thai amulet on the railway track. It was the Phita Leklai. Some may call this as Phakawam which is good for protection against sharp objects, accidents and evils. He was working with the local train company and was part of the engineering team. He gave it to my grand dad who gave it to my brother who was than in the army. As usual his interest widen, taste becoming more discerning and expensive.

Later it was passed over to me. The seed of Thai amulets collection has been planted. Since I was still schooling and young I don't have enogh pocket money to spare for my new hobby. I have to be satisfied with whatever the elder members of my family handed down.

Serious collection began when I started working where some spare cash are available. I started with buying all those that are beautiful. To me beautiful is a good as powerful. The more artfully created and painted the more power I think this particular piece of Thai amulet has.

In the next post I will write more about amulet collections. More news and tips coming in the near future from this blog. I have close friends in Thailand who themselves are keen collector and can update me on the latest happening about the world of Thai amulet. Keep coming back for more. This is just my maiden article to get the blog started.

No comments:

Post a Comment